UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CRUEL

About a week ago, a bitch and its 2 puppies suddenly appear in my compound. The "mother" is beige, 1 is black and white and the other is all brown with a black nose.They will be lounging around my porch and whenever I reaches home, they will just leave and when I enter the house, they will come back and as usual they will sleep under the car.

I had this notion that they might be shitting everywhere and pissing at my tyres. To my amazement, there was none of it.I have been accustomed to their presence now and they to me. Well at least they make some noise if ever there are any movement or anything in the compound. I do not feed them anything but I do not know why my porch had become their resting place.

Late last night, after midnight, I heard a diesel engined vehicle stopped in front of my house. Could have been the neighbours guest I suppose. Suddenly a loud bang was heard. Next is the sound of a whimpering dog. Man, could that be a gunshot? I was scared. Gather my guts, went out to the hall. Can't see much through the tinted glass door, except for the vehicles brake light. Open the door, BANG. I could see the flash of light thru the guns barrel. This guy was right in front of my house and shooting at something but definitely not aiming it towards my house. My neighbour, Pak Sheikh, an ex OCPD was outside, watching. Ask him what its all about, and he answered they were shooting at stray dogs.

None of my doggie "friends" were around at the time. Felt sad and a lot of anger flooded my mind. Its inhumane isn't it? Isn't there a better way or less cruel way of doing this? It's a living thing...guys. It breathe, drink and eat just like us. Shit..I hate those guys for doing this kind of work. Don't they have any feelings?

Could not sleep till 5am after that...ITS CRUEL....

Woke up this morning about 8am and open the door, the black n white puppy is alone under my car...

No comments: